Thursday, December 2, 2010

Name issues

We went to Copper's first pediatrician appointment today and the nurse hesitantly called for "Cooper." We corrected her. When the doctor first came into the room, she called Copper "he." We corrected her. I just made an appointment for Copper's newborn hearing test and when the lady called back to verify some insurance information, she called Copper "Cooper" and referred to her as a boy. I corrected her. I know that the name is gender neutral and that there will always be that problem, but when her own mother writes her child's name on a medical form, she most likely spelled it correctly. Sorry Copper, but looks like mom and dad have cursed you with a name that will need constant correcting. I actually just realized that Aubrey's name is that way. Everyone thinks it's a girl name and people reading his name often say "Audrey."

2 comments:

  1. Her Aunty has this same problem. I am constantly being called Reanne. Seriously, lets take "BRIAN", take the B off, what do you have...RIAN. It's really not hard people!!!

    Sorry Copper but the world is full of people who can't read and don't care what color you are wearing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try having Josie as name...Hello Jose!! But I love my name anyway and she will too:)

    ReplyDelete