Thursday, December 9, 2010

Big Girl Bed

While this picture was taken this morning and Copper is obviously sleeping in our bed, she actually spent her first night in her own bed last night. We made the choice to have Copper sleep in our bed and it has worked out really well. For the most part her and I both sleep really well. I have to have her sleep on my side of the bed since Aubrey complains that he doesn't sleep well when she sleeps in between us. Two nights ago I decided that it was time for Copper to sleep in the pack-n-play. (I was getting a little tired of only being able to sleep on one side. It's just a queen sized bed and I don't have that much room to move around when she's next to me.) She'll stay in our room for a while, but now she'll be in her own bed. It's definitely easier having her sleep in our bed though. Last night we went to bed at our usual 12:00 (Copper's a crabby night owl), she slept 'til about 3:30, changed and fed her, back to sleep 'til about 6:00, changed and fed her, back to sleep "til about 7:00. That was when I put her in bed with me. She'll generally go 3-4 hours in between sleepy time feedings, but it seemed she was a little more agitated this morning. What sucks about her being in the crib is that it's harder to do the little things that make her happy. It's easier to sooth her when she's right next to me and I don't have to get out of bed. Plus I love having her snuggled up next to me. She's just so darned cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment