Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to ME!

Copper woke up with a wonderful present for me this morning; a big ol' nasty poopy diaper. Melvin came inside covered in grass which I then had to brush off. I kept looking around for a regurgitated hairball from Flea, but she must have forgot it was Mother's Day. Joking aside, it really was a pretty cool day and nothing that special even took place. Now that I'm a mama, Mother's Day has taken on a whole new meaning. Sorry, mom, but today was all about me. Copper and I slept in until 11 (maybe she did realize what today was) and spent the day hanging out and running a few errands. (One of which was getting the kiddo her very own adirondack chair.) Aubrey got me Einstein's for breakfast and a huge bag of Jelly Bellys. Thanks Bumpkins! It was a great day to reflect on what an amazing honor it is to be Copper's mommy. Happy Mother's Day!


3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice day. She is such a cutie pie. I can't wait to see her in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mom and Grandma" like the way that your glasses match not only your chair but Coppers chair too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable Sarah. Happy belated first Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete