Sunday, May 29, 2011

Crawling

Copper and I went to a Stroller Strides class on Friday at Wash Park. If you're not familiar it's an outdoor fitness class for mommies and their babies in strollers. It combines cardio and strength training in a circuit format. It was a lot of fun and a great workout. I haven't been this sore in a very long time. Anyways, at the end of the class we were all hanging out with our babies in the grass when a woman came over with her little girl. She noticed how well Copper was sitting up and asked how old she is. Turns out that her girl is 1 day older than Copper, but hasn't mastered sitting up very well. I asked her how she does with crawling and she said that she is doing well and can get up on her hands and knees. She then put her girl on the ground and sure enough she immediately propped herself up. I expressed my amazement and then showed her Copper's lack of progress. I placed Copper on her belly and with pudgy little arms splayed out to both sides and laying flat on her belly with the side of her face plastered to the matt she started to fuss. Sitting up...check. Learning to crawl...fail. It was interesting to see so many babies and the range of their abilities. I'm not the least bit concerned about Copper's lack of interest in crawling. It'll all come together soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. It's genetic. Kai didn't crawl until 10 months and I think that was only because we moved in with Josh's parents and they had carpet. Before that he would army crawl some. She'll do it when she wants to.

    ReplyDelete