Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 28 Appointment

I had my 28 week appointment on Friday and Aubrey got to come with for the first time. Nothing too exciting going on yet. All is still normal. I did have blood drawn to test for gestational diabetes. My blood pressure is pretty low (it was like 90/60), but I've always had low bp and I was told that during pregnancy it gets lower, which it has. So far I haven't had any dizzy spells or headaches. Hopefully my crazy low bp prevents me from having high bp issues closer to delivery. I've been doing my baby heartbeat impersonations a lot for Aubrey lately and he finally got to hear the real deal. Copper even kept still for once. The midwife pressed around on my stomach (which Aubrey didn't think was fair since I always make him stop when he's poking around for our kid) and let us feel Copper's orientation. Didn't know the feet from the head, but they were one or the other and we got to feel her back. This past week she's been making very large movements that make my belly look like a wave. My mom got to feel her move for the first time last week too. I love just watching the movements now. I can feel harder areas on my stomach when she's positioned differently too. My next appointment isn't for another 4 weeks and then they get closer together. We need to look into getting scheduled for a birthing class very soon since we have no idea what is in store for us. Aubrey can't wait to go to class.

2 comments:

  1. How awesome for you guys, I love feeling a baby moving around, the young girls at work this past yr let me feel theirs, just drove me to giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crib is awesome! I can't believe you are 28 weeks already. Man, your pregnancy sure has gone fast for me. :)

    Take a video of her moving around in there. I have one I took of Evelyn and the rolling tummy. It is fun to watch because now I hardly remember how it felt!

    ReplyDelete