Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm getting excited

I came home today and decided to hop on the computer and look at some baby stuff. At just over 3 months away, I'm feeling it's crunch time to get some things done. We HAVE to finish the basement before Copper is born. There is no way to move any furniture to make room for her furniture without having the basement finished. There is no second bedroom for Aubrey or I to sleep in while she is sleeping in our room. (Derek took advantage of their guest room on more than one occasion to get some shut eye on those long nights of constant feeding.) There is no room in our current bedroom for a bassinet next to the bed. We HAVE to finish the basement. Jumping ahead a bit in the remodel plans, I started thinking more about Copper's room. I have a pretty clear idea of the style of the room (modern with bright orange accents) and I found a great crib at Babies R Us. While I was on the web site I decided to go ahead and start our baby registry. While I only put a couple items on it, mostly as bookmarks for things I need a second opinion on, it got me really excited about our little girl coming. Copper was feeding off my happiness and moved around like a mad woman while I was online browsing. I started looking for crib bedding and found some absolutely ridiculously priced bedding that I loved. I then googled "How to make a crib bumper" and quickly came to conclusion that I'm going to make my own bumper. I love being able to pick out my own fabric for projects. I also talked to my mom about refinishing an old dresser of Aubrey's and mom had a great idea for it. I'm really looking forward to getting started on that project too. I love organizing and decorating and I have the ultimate project ahead of me. Decorating the entire basement, moving furniture from our bedroom, the office, the living room, and guest room furniture that's been stored, and creating a crazy cute nursery. If you know me well enough, you know that creating and decorating is my crack. Our house/rooms are so little right now, that it's near impossible to rearrange furniture. At least this time around I don't have to do any heavy lifting with the whole pregnancy immunity thing going for me. I kind of wonder if I'm more excited about Copper coming or more excited about decorating? Probably decorating.

4 comments:

  1. WOOT! decorating, hit me up if u need a hand :) o ya and thanks, now who is going to help me move outta my apartment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come help too?! I feel your excitement. 3 months are going to wiz by with all you have going on! Great idea to make your own bedding. I noticed they have pre cut bumper padding at the fabric stores. Not that I freequent those stores or anything like that. :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're gonna be busy, can't wait to see all you create, especially Copper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the "bumper padding" tip, Teri! I'll definitely look into that.

    Sorry Lia, no more heavy lifting for me.

    ReplyDelete