Saturday, August 14, 2010

Week 27 Pics


So long second trimester! Hello third trimester! Isn't this the time where I just sit on my ass and eat everything in site? It's going to end up being my busiest trimester yet. A trip to Yellowstone in September, baby shower, painting an entire basement, tiling a bathroom, creating a nursery, moving most of the furniture in the house to different rooms, fall yard clean up...and so much more. This baby better not come early. I've got a lot to do in the next 13 weeks.

The second trimester went by wonderfully. I feel great, I love my belly, we had an ultrasound, I have energy, and for the most part Aubrey quit surprise slapping me in my stomach all the time. I could stay like this forever. Actually, I have had a few pregnant lady side effects lately. My calves are tighter than tight and cramp up every time I involuntarily stretch them in my sleep, I walk funny, and I have lower back pain during fast walks and after I do anything that forces me to bend over repeatedly. Feeling our little girl doing somersaults all the time and the excitement of being so close to having her makes the discomfort bearable though.

So far I've gained about 20 pounds. Which would seem to put me on track to gain 30 during my pregnancy. My midwife said I should gain between 25 and 35 pounds. 30 seems reasonable. We'll see what happens. I did gain about 7 pounds since Aubrey's birthday (July 25th), but I think that some of that had to do with Melvin hurting his toe and not being able to go out on long walks. His fitness affects mine. I feel like I eat the same as before I was pregnant. You're supposed to increase your calorie intake during pregnancy, but since I've always eaten more than I should, I didn't increase my calories. What did happen though was a decrease in my exercise. I just bought a punch card for pre-natal pilates classes and I'm looking forward to starting those next week. Melvin's toe is healing up and he can do long walks again, so that will also resume. I really don't want to blow up. I'm having a baby in November and that's not the best timing for taking long strolls outside with the baby. Hopefully it's a dry winter.

We went out with Kellie, Jay, and Evelyn tonight for dinner and after I got to the point of putting my fingers in my ears because the parents behind us were seemingly unwilling to shut the F up their fake-crying baby, Kellie said that we need to start making a list of all the things that we say we will never do when the baby comes. I like this idea and will start working on it. I'll keep you posted. Aubrey and I definitely have some pretty strong opinions on child rearing and it'll be interesting to see just how much of it goes to shit.

4 comments:

  1. uh huh. lots of it goes by the wayside... pacifier?? who ever thought I'd be okay with that? (she had it in her mouth week 1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin good Mama! I was anti-paci too...we lasted about 3 weeks (then mama decided she didn't want to be a human paci all the time) :) It's fun to watch how things that seem so important before, become much less so when the kiddo is actually here!

    ReplyDelete