Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Time for her crib

I never would have thought that I would be the type of mom who would have their baby sleep in my room for 5 months. When I was pregnant I assumed that I would be kicking her out of our room after about a month. I had a hard time kicking her out of our bed after a month. Given that Copper has about 4 inches of clearance in her mini pack n play that she currently sleeps in next to our bed, it's about time to move her into her own room. This would also allow Aubrey and I to be able to talk to each other at night and allow Aubrey to let his alarm clock go off in the morning. I believe that I no longer have concerns over her safety at night and she only wakes up once a night to eat. I do like the convenience of just picking her up and laying back in bed to feed her. When she sleeps in her room I'll have to go all the way upstairs (which I actually do every night anyways since I always have to pee and we don't have the downstairs bathroom finished yet) and feed her in a chair in her room. Doing that will probably help me be quicker about getting her, and me, back to bed though. I currently let her eat/hold her for 20 minutes to an hour. I told Aubrey that within the next couple weeks I would have her sleeping in her room. We joke that I'll sleep upstairs the first few nights that she's in her room, but the reality is is that I will definitely sleep upstairs those first few nights. She spends time in her crib, but has never really slept in it. I just want to be close so that when she does wake up she realizes that I am still close by. I will miss waking up in my bed and being able to see her and talk to her while she's in her bed next to me. I always sing a little "good morning" song to her while we're both still lying down when she wakes up. Now I'll have to get my ass out of bed, get dressed, and climb a flight of stairs before I can sing our song.

No comments:

Post a Comment