Thursday, March 3, 2011

I hold Copper...a lot.

Copper pretty much falls asleep every time I feed her. Since she is a total pill to get to fall asleep outside of nursing, I often sit with her for 30 minutes to 1+ hours while she sleeps. (I admit, sometimes even much longer.) I never thought that I would be that mom that is always holding their baby. I have the luxury of spending that time with Copper and it's only a very short time frame of our lives that I'll be able to do it. Her face looks completely different when she's asleep in my arms. Time kind of stops when I'm holding her. My to-do list becomes less important, phone calls can wait, everything that I could be doing can wait. I wish that Aubrey could have the same experience (minus the breastfeeding of course). I'm sure that there will be some issues with getting her to fall asleep on her own at night, but I'm willing to pay the price to be able to have so much Mommy-Copper time. I will never feel guilty that I didn't hold my baby enough. She is my #1 priority. My life revolves around her right now and I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww That is the sweetest post ever!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always say your priorities change when you have a baby. So if I ever hop on the baby train, I won't be annoyed at the screaming kid nearby because their mine??

    ReplyDelete