Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Damn you averages!

The average first time mom at Mountain Midwifery birthing center gives birth at 41 weeks and 3 days. A non-birthing center midwife told me yesterday that the average first time mom in Colorado gives birth 8 days late. We're 2 days late and counting. I really hope that it's this week so that we don't have to start thinking about all the natural ways to move things along. I believe that it's Colorado law that at 42 weeks I will not be allowed to have the baby at the birth center, that I'll have to go to a hospital. The hospital's ways of inducing are not at all what I have in mind for delivery. I'll be seeing an acupuncturist and chiropractor, having sex, taking hot baths, and walking up flights and flights of stairs before I take that drive to the hospital. The birthing center will put a balloon in my cervix to expand it as a way to induce. Not too thrilled about that either. I know that I still have plenty of time before we hit that dreaded 42 week mark, but it sure would be nice to not even have to think about it. Come on Copper, let's get a move on.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting as well Sarah! Those last days are always fun...or miserable I mean.

    ReplyDelete