Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week 15 - In My Skivvies

Here's Week 15's profile shot. I think that I've gained about 5-6 pounds so far. There is definitely a baby bubble in my lower abdomen that is as hard as a rock. Can't blame that on pizza and ice cream. My clothes that fit pretty low still fit moderately well, but anything with the least bit higher waist has been cast aside. Basically my wardrobe is running on fumes. May be time to hit the thrift store for a few low price summer items. I'm not sure I'm ready to take the plunge into the maternity store just yet. With the first trimester under my belt, I have a feeling that I will be getting noticeably bigger quite quickly.

This past week seemed to be a break through week. I can stay up 'til 10:00 reading, I'm no longer tired at night, and I don't feel sick when I'm hungry. Must be smooth sailing from here!

I haven't been posting as often as I thought I would so far in the pregnancy. After having the reassurance of hearing the heart beat at 12 weeks, I've kind of quit reading the pregnancy books and I haven't had any strong feelings about being pregnant. I guess that the newness is over and I feel fine, so it really doesn't feel that different. I'm not worried about anything and I'm not over excited. I'm just normal. All is well. I am supposed to answer some questions for my midwife about how I feel about the pregnancy and having a baby and I was supposed to do a food journal. (This is all due by next Tuesday's appointment.) I haven't even looked at the information packet I was given at 12 weeks. I'm not doing anything stupid, I eat fairly well, I get some form of exercise almost everyday, and I feel good. Aubrey and I are comfortable with our situation and ready to have a kid. I guess I can't explain why I'm not more interested in learning everything there is to know about pregnancy. I'm just rolling with it.

5 comments:

  1. I can see the belly bump now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom posted "very well said". Jumped the gone and hit post comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah just take it as it comes... you'll be an awesome mom. and I'll watch the little F***er on Fridays. There, it's in writing. L

    ReplyDelete