Wednesday, August 17, 2011

21 Minutes

Two nights ago it took me 21 minutes to feed Copper and put her to bed. I believe this is a record. She didn't sqirm or poke my face. She just ate peacefully and fell asleep. I sat for a few minutes and watched her and then gently placed her in bed. Fast forward 2 1/2 hours. As I lay in bed willing myself to sleep, the red lights on her monitor light up as the crying begins. I watch her about 5 minutes as she steadily gets more worked up and then get out of bed at 11. We laid down on the guest bed and I fed her and then she just looked at me. Then she rolled over. Then she rolled onto her back and looked at me. This went on for a while. No crying or sqirming, just peaceful watching. I picked her up and placed her on my tummy. She propped herself up on her arms, smiled at me in the dark, and then lay her head on my chest. After a couple minutes she rolled off and looked at me again. After a hour of her contently not sleeping, we fell asleep spooning. I wish her crib was big enough for both of us and we could fall asleep this way more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment