Friday, January 22, 2010

"Nice knowing you."

Well, folks, Aubrey and I have decided that it's time to start makin' babies. Some of you already knew this and some of you have just shit your pants. With Aubrey getting old, the potential to have a cute kid (have you seen our baby pictures? Adorable!), the pressure to provide Lucy with a cousin, and the fact that we never get to have people over to our house because they all have little rugrats that need to be in bed by 7 have all played a role in our decision to start a family. So there's a few more serious reasons too, but whatever. This time we want to add a member that does not walk on all fours. (Aubrey may wish that he would have just let me get another dog.) We have decided that we're going to make our journey into parenthood a blog for all to read. How the idea came about is like this:

On January 20th I went to my doctor to have my IUD removed. (Note: this procedure was about 100% less painful than having it inserted.) When I got back into the car I texted Aubrey, "Let the baby making begin!" Aubrey responded, "Nice knowing you." At that moment I knew that I wanted to journal this experience. That exchange is something I never want to forget and I assume there will be a lot of new experiences with my body and things that we're thinking that will be interesting to look back on. I told Lisa that I wanted to journal this little adventure and she suggested that I blog it. I had a bit of apprehension about blogging it because I want to be really candid. Then I remembered that most of you that know me well enough, know that I don't have a problem speaking openly. My private journal is now for all to read. This will not be "G" rated. My plan is to be both honest and entertaining as I take you through our journey into parenthood. I really hope that we know what we're getting ourselves into.

No comments:

Post a Comment