Friday, January 22, 2010

Goals until ovulation

Apparently there are really only a few days that it is possible to get pregnant. When I exclaimed "Really?" to my doctor when she told me this information, she responded, "Yeah it's kind of crazy considering how many unwanted pregnancies there are and how hard it is to get pregnant." So I guess when Kellie asked me if I knew when I was going to be ovulating and I told her that we were just planning on having a lot of sex (which may be hard since Aubrey has vowed to never have sex me again now that I'm susceptible to pregnancy), she actually had a very valid point. Aubrey's and my plan is to have a late fall birth so that the Little F*#@er (that's the kid's nickname, I'll explain in a different post) is old enough to handle camping out in the pop-up for all of Aubrey's races. We'd both prefer a spring baby, but considering Aubrey feels that his life will be over once the child comes, we need to work a bit with his race schedule. My rough calculations put me around day 20 of my cycle and the doc confirmed that I will not be able to get pregnant until next month. In response to my first question about pregnancy, "Will I be able to have a glass of wine or two?" my doc advised that I should hold off until at least after the first trimester and then a bit here and there will be okay.

With that information in hand, I have come up with a goal for the next 3 weeks:

Drink, a lot.

(oh yeah, and take prenatal vitamins)

2 comments:

  1. holy shit. i should label this, "what are you getting me into!?" since i always said that we'd have kids after sarah and aubrey(assuming that you never would). thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Andi. I do feel that we are betraying our childless friends by turning to the dark side. You're still young. Aubrey's 34 and he walks like he's 70. If our kids wants to play catch with dad, we better get crackin'.

    ReplyDelete