Friday, January 29, 2010

Grandma's are Great

I spoke with my Grandma Elaine a couple days ago and she has read my two posts via e-mail from my Aunt Vickie and she is so excited that I'm writing about our little journey. So many people keep this process a big secret, which I can totally understand (Aubrey and I originally were just going to surprise everyone by telling them we were pregnant when it happened), but it's so not me. Glad to hear that I'll be entertaining the grandparents with stories of sex, puking, getting fat, hormones, a morphing stomach tattoo, and ultimately squeezing a baby out of my coochie. Grandma said that back in her day there was no talk of ovulation. She claims that she was fertile from the day after her period ended 'til the day it started. With five kids all about 1-2 years apart, it makes me doubt the validity of the ovulation window. Her response to finding out she was late was, "Oh Shit." That made me laugh, but didn't surprise me at all. Grandpa said that they had so many kids because he was so horny. That also made me laugh, but also didn't surprise me. How does that famous quote of Grandpa's go..."The better part of your father ran down your grandma's leg."

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Just getting caught up. Not sure I'll like the fine details, but I'm definately excited for you guys! "Down her right thigh", is what gpa always told me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the Day 9 of cycle post?

    ReplyDelete