Saturday, April 23, 2011

Socializing: Part II

For a whole day after my last post I felt great about our new social freedom. Then I got an e-mail from Kellie rallying the girls to get together for dinner. I immediately panicked. I can't go out to dinner at a restaurant without Copper. Aubrey would kill me. She's generally a bit more emotional in the evenings and I could only be gone for about 1.5 hours tops. When Kellie asked if 5:30 works for everyone, I responded that I would need a guarantee that we were seated immediately, our food would be served immediately after ordering and I could only stay for an hour. I wrote it as a joke, but it is actually the truth. If I fed Copper at 4:45, left the house by 5:05, got to the restaurant at 5:30, I would need to leave by 6:15, maybe 6:30, in order to get home in time for a total baby hunger meltdown. That would allow me about 45 minutes to sit and gab with the girls and eat. With that timeframe I would probably have to get my food to go. I guess that I don't have quite as much social freedom as I thought. Good thing Copper is so damned cute because I really enjoy having dinner with the girls. Maybe next time ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment