Sunday, September 19, 2010

So much to learn

Aubrey and I are in for a busy 5 weeks. We kick off our baby education with a 2 hour class on Immunizations this Tuesday. (We're not necessarily against immunizing, we just want to be more educated on what our little girl is being injected with (and why) and what our options are.) The next day is the first of 5 weekly, 3 hour classes called Prepared Childbirth. The birthing center highly recommends this type of class for first time natural birth parents. I won't argue. I'd like to have some sort of idea of what I'm in for. It also goes over all the signs of labor, being late, pain, etc. In October we have a 2 hour breastfeeding class and a 2 hour Newborn Care class which are both required by the birthing center. Aubrey could probably use a Daddy Bootcamp class, but I'll try to teach him that on my own. Lucy has prepared me for a lot, but the whole giving birth part, first month of care, and breastfeeding are all going to be new experiences for me. Everything's going to be new for Aubrey, which is why he's going to every single one of the classes along with the rest of my appointments.

1 comment:

  1. When do you plan on having time to finish up on the nursery and basement? Sounds like you and Aubrey have a full calendar.

    ReplyDelete