Wednesday, July 21, 2010

We've got a name!

Aubrey and I have officially decided on a first name for our little girl. Copper. No, I'm not naming an element or talking about plumbing pipe. It's her name. This is a name that I have always liked and it's not your typical name, but we think it works. Over a couple margaritas, Aubrey agreed to the name and wanted it if we were to have a girl. If you remember the story of The Fox and the Hound, Copper is the name of the Beagle. That's where I got it from. So, let it sink in for a few days and then you can tell us how wonderful of a name it is. Now we just need to think of a middle name. I was thinking about using my mom's middle name, Belle. :)

9 comments:

  1. I like it!! I'm assuming your using Aubrey's last name (forgot how to spell it)? or hypenated?? I found babynamegenie.com - try it out!

    Copper Marie Cundall, Copper Camille Cundall, Copper Avery Cundall, Copper Sydney Cundall

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on it, Josie! You even spelled Aubrey's name right. Long story, but we're hoping to have Aubrey's last name changed by the time Copper's born. Then her name will be Godwin. I do like Sydney...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'm trying to let this sink in. Give me a few days:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felt the same way Di. Thanks Sarah for trying to make me feel good about a middle name that I could never quite figure. Thanks for the input Josie. I,too, like Sydney (hint, hint Sarah and Aubrey).

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like it a lot now, just took some time. i think i like it a lot because it will be cute with Lucy, and she'll be able to say it well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed, that's a unique and perfect name for a girl. And if somehow I think of the perfect middle name I'll let you know, but Copper Belle Godwin, yeah that works nicely.

    ReplyDelete