Wednesday, January 21, 2015

40 Weeks - Due Date

Any day now. Yesterday was my due date. Such an arbitrary date, but it carries so much weight. It's kind of like A.D. vs B.C. You're either early or late based on that date. Copper was 5 days late. As of today, Ollie is 1 day late. At my appointment yesterday I was dilated to 1cm and my cervix was still thick. I woke up around 5am with mild cramping and that basically remained for most the morning. Ollie hasn't dropped yet but she said that's normal for a second pregnancy. Sometimes they don't drop or "engage" until you start having contractions. I had the midwife sweep my membranes (a fun little procedure) which immediately dilated me to 3cm. She said that if it is going to work, it usually works within 24 hours. It's been 24 and a half hours. I asked Copper on Monday when she thinks he'll be born and she promptly replied, "Thursday." My mom is going for Friday, which is my Aunt Teri's Birthday. Any day now.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you! Hope all goes well the next few days. Can't wait to hear the good news of Ollie's arrival!!! Remember....PUUUSH! lol - you remember sending me that text?

    ReplyDelete