Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sophia Elizabeth

A friend of mine from Copper's gym class lost her baby last week. She was 20 weeks pregnant. The funeral for her little girl, Sohia Elizabeth, is today. She didn't know anyone who had gone through what she is going through. Now she does.

Julia Ann's funeral is on Sunday.

I personally know 5 women (1 cousin, 3 friends, and myself) who were pregnant this year. Two had healthy babies and 3 lost their babies. None of the 3 losses were in the 1st trimester. 2/3 to 3/4 of miscarriages occur in the 1st trimester. The odds were in our favor.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your last post just broke my heart and now seeing the statistics just makes me realize just how lucky I am to have a healthy baby girl. I've thought about your post everyday and think about the families mourning the loss of a baby. Just breaks my heart:(

    ReplyDelete